Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Let's Japan Special - Calico Cat Café Shinjuku

So against all odds here I am...!!! Making a quality post.

I want to keep blogging about my January-February 2012 Japan trip before I forget all about it. Though it's highly unlikely... I have a terribly good memory (it's not such a good thing).

Anyway!

I think we've all heard of Cat cafés before, at least as a foreign attraction. Cat Cafés are like lounges where you can have a cup of coffee or read a manga, but the catch is: the whole place is FILLED WITH CATS.

This is true happiness. I cannot think of a happier thought than being surrounded by precious little animals! Haha.

I might add, though... that being said, I'm still a dog person(  ゚_ゝ゚) I know, I'm terrible. I... I like kittens and all, but they're just so interest-oriented, lol. They will only come to your lap if you have food or something they want to offer. Otherwise most cats ignore you.

Thus was the case with Calico Cat Café's cats. Nonetheless, they were the cutest cats I had ever seen in my whole life. But they just didn't really want my company unless I offered them minced chicken (;^;)

There were a few persons inside the café that the cats really seemed to like, even taking naps in their laps and stuff. I don't know how they did it!! I could only lull the cats in with food hahahaha. Obviously they must go there often. Or maybe they are skilled in the art of witchcraft.

Enough of that. THIS FAR INTO A POST AND STILL NO CATS?!


Just look at that pretty face. It's Puss-in-Boots quality.



OK I cheat because these photos aren't mine. They are my boyfriend's. He's the artistic one I guess hahaha.


Whenever I took the camera, photographic atrocities such as the one above happened. Uhmm I'm not even sorry. Cute kitten makes up for it.


While I was showing someone from my family the photos, they commented: "Do you guys really like cats so much? You have like 100 pictures of cats". I think we got a little bit pic-crazy because we just couldn't believe so many cats.

Randomly I would look up to my boyfriend and say "OMG KITTENS". And he replied "YES KITTENS". We were so incredibly happy hahaha.

I think the amount of pictures we took is also due to the fact that it was the only hour were we could finally RELAX after all the walking and sight-seeing done in Tokyo. For the other places we just couldn't afford to stop and take pictures instead of actually enjoying the experience.

And finally here are some short videos we took!



After our rented time was over, we headed over to the reception to turn in our entry cards (what you see hanging around our necks) and received a Calico Note (notebook) and a small business-like card.


The card is adorable hahaha.


The cover! So adorable.


Then, portraits of all the cats and their names. Some of them are really cute! Like Asari, Retro, Koko or Uni hahaha.


The pages inside all have different pictures of the kittens!

And then when I got back to Argentina I heard there are also rabbit cafés. Oh my glob how I wish I knew that sooner!!!

In case you wish, you may visit Calico's website here. The Shinjuku location was really nice, easy to find and also very close to my hotel! So that was lucky!

I hope you enjoyed todays quality (?) post! (^^)

4 comments:

  1. OMG KITTIES!!!

    I really want to go there some day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can go! It's a wonderful experience. It feels so amazing being surrounded by so many kittens! XD

      Delete
  2. AW I looove cats so much! If I get the chance to visit Japan, I will definitely check out these cat cafes! Thank you for sharing those cute pics *v*!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend them! They are a cat lover's paradise!! No problem, thank you for your comment! *_*

      Delete