Saturday, June 2, 2012

Let's Japan Special -Tokyo Disney Sea-

Today I'm going to skip a few days of my Japan Trip to talk about... *dun dun dun*

Tokyo Disney Sea!

The place where dreams come true! ... wait, isn't that Disneyland? Haha.

Well, even though I like the classic "Magic Kingdom" a bit more, Disney Sea is exclusive to Japan. And by that I mean it's what I really wanted to see - I knew how Tokyo Disneyland was going to be like, but I knew nothing about Disney Sea (let's call it TDS from now on).

This park is really peculiar. I loved that most about it. It is unique, completely different from EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, or even its neighbor Tokyo Disneyland. The "waterfront" theme it has stays true all through its seven lands.

It also IS actually waterfront, too, lol. Close to Maihama Bay... so the wind is really chilly in wintertime! (O_O)

Luckily the TDS day was the WARMEST day we ever got in Japan. It was warm enough not to wear two sweaters underneath your coat, imagine that! XD

Joking aside, I really appreciated the warmth of the winter sun. Specially considering I had gotten like -6 degrees and snowflakes in Kyoto (O_O).

That's right... I woke up at 5 am that day, took the 6 am train from Kyoto to Tokyo, arrived at Tokyo Est. at about 9 am, took the train to Tokyo Disney Resort, then the monorail to the hotel area, then a MINI BUS to the hotel itself, left my bags, got back into the mini-bus, up on the monorail and arrived at Tokyo Disney Sea 10.45 AM.

Forget Sarah Jessica Parker. I don't know how *I* do it!


The mini-bus that takes you from the hotels to the parks has Mickey-themed seats! Awww.

Mickey Mouse even speaks to you! "A! Minna! Boku, MICKEY MOUSE! Uh-huh!"

I was like "AWWW MICKEY I LOVE YOU"

I love Mickey. Almost as much as I love Donald. But not quite, heheheh.

If I had to make a crush chart it would go like this:


  1. Donald
  2. Mickey
  3. My boyfriend
Sorry, Nick m(。・ε・。)m

Before we continue,here is something I would like to warn everyone that is going to Tokyo Disney Resort! 

First off, the hotels included in the monorail ride (not Disney hotels, but still inside Disney) do sell Disney Passports (day passes), but they will only take cash. I was a bit taken aback by this, because I am not really used to carrying cash anywhere! So please take note.

Finally, the monorail is paid transport. It's not for free like the Disney World monorail. You have to PAY for it, every time you get on. Of course you get discount packages for various consecutive rides. I actually lost my ticket first thing in the morning, so I had to buy another one... (._.)

Now that that's taken care of, let's continue the report! :D


TDS was having its 10-year-anniversary, so Mickey and the gang were all dressed-up for the event.

Turning around the corner and entering the main area, which has a HUGE lagoon in the middle, we hear music and see...


Yaaaaay MICKEY!!!!!!! *spazz*

They were having the special "Be Magical" show. Unfortunately there was quite a lot of people so we couldn't see very well. You can owe this picture to the power of my iPhone, but what my eyes were actually seeing was the nape of a girl's head XD

Just so you can see the amount of people surrounding the Mediterranean Harbor, let me include the original pic...


Yup. It's scary. Look at all those little heads! O_O

So we thought, OK, there's thousands of park-goers here, let's seize the opportunity and go to an attraction!

We crossed the Mediterranean Harbor and its Venetian-like streets to get to the American Waterfront.



And finally *dun dun dun* the Hollywood Tower Hotel! Or as it is called here, the Hotel Hightower. Or also known as, Tower of Terror XD


We approached the entrance and... 90 minutes?!

Lol WHAT? So yeah, it really made no difference how many peeps were watching the show. It was still Saturday and all the games were pretty crowded.

We didn't go in. Of course, I wouldn't have, not even if the wait was short XD I hate thrill games... hahaha.

But I thought this version of the Tower was really fancy. I love the upside-down-like design of the architecture.



The next land was Port Discovery. This was a wacky port of "experimental" watercrafts. We went on "Aquatopia", which is a fun, short course on a experimental pool. The ride is random! 

But what we noticed is that all the rides were SUPER short O_O I guess it's because the park was really crowded so they cut ride times in order to cut wait times.

After that we went to the Lost River Delta. While we were walking suddenly a 50-year-old Japanese man walked up to me and said, "Indy noritai desu ka?"("Do you want to ride Indy?")

I was like "O_O Uhm, eh, wh-"

And then he showed me two Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull fastpasses and handed them over, as if giving them to me.

"Watashi ni?" ("For me?"), I said, a bit dumbfounded. He nodded and I took the fastpasses.

There were like 120 minutes for riding Indiana Jones. This man truly saved us!! I can't describe how deeply I bowed as he walked past! He must have recognized (well, obviously) that we were tourists and thought, well, why not give the fastpasses to them.

I truly cannot believe how sweet and kind Japanese people are. I don't want to enter a generalization here, but I will... they truly are. Nihon love forever.


Raging Spirits ride entrance. I didn't go inside because, like I said, I dislike thrill rides. But my boyfriend went and said it was not such a big deal. Eh, he wouldn't know! He goes to super scary rollercoasters and doesn't even bat an eyelash. I am a big scaredycat so I'm sure it would have been too much for me, lol.

While I waited for him to return from the Single Riders line, I took photos XD


I love taking pics of people walking by. I know, it's silly, hahahaha. I admire the large quantity of girls I saw with pumps and high-heels walking around the park (O_O) that takes some strong legs! Haha.


Next up was the Arabian Coast, which was Aladdin/Agrabah-themed. I don't know why they called it "Arabian" and not "Agrabah", heheh. But I guess it's OK. It reminded me of Morocco in EPCOT. The whole area had an irresistible sweet curry smell everywhere O_O so much we *had* to dine there! Once again here I am taking pictures of people walking LOL.


Jasmine's Flying Carpets. Awww.

There was an amazing two-story carousel called "Caravan Carousel". I LOVE MERRY-GO-ROUNDS OMG. So of course we went on the second floor hahahaha.


View from the carousel.


I wasn't going to post this picture but I found out that my boyfriend actually RUINED one of the videos I took by appearing on screen to be a wise-ass on purpose. So because of that I'll include a pic of him. Up yours Nick! ( ̄ー ̄)


...aww, I just can't make him look bad. Dang you bf why you so cute!

As soon as they let us on the ride we ran to get a Genie.


Here's a video of the view from the carousel. You can hear my bf saying "¿Querés que te saque una fotito?" ("Want me to take a picture of you?"). This isn't the video he ruined, though, lol.


Bf is a level-thousand photographer O_O I didn't get the Genie, I got the Arabian horse lol.

Up next was the Mermaid Lagoon, which has an outdoor area, and an indoor area called Triton's Kingdom.

The indoor area was SO BEAUTIFUL words and pictures cannot describe it!


The entrance.


Truly like being under the sea.



Jumping Jellyfish! I shall call him squishy and he shall be my squishy!


While in line I saw this little girl dressed-up as Minnie. I think the parks offer a service were they hair-style and dress your girl to look like Minnie. Look at her braids pulled up into two Minnie ears! SO CUTE!


Once outdoors, here is Scuttle's Scooters. Not a very exciting ride, but then again it's just my speed! LOL. I am such a scaredy-cat.


This is the video my bf ruined, lol. I cut the part where he went all wise-ass in front of the camera D:

After this nighttime fell, so I couldn't take any pictures of the Mysterious Island. Such a shame because this area was so interesting! It is Captain Nemo-themed, like a huge discovery-site. There's also an immense volcano that erupts O_O

For dinner we ate Flying Carpet Curry at the Casbah Court, in Arabian Coast. Pictures of the food I will reserve them for the food post. But I took a picture of the beautiful lightning inside the food court.

So exotic!

After all the rides were done, it was shopping time! :D


Samantha Thavasa x Disney collaboration bag. Oh my God, was this beautiful!! (O_O) but so expensive! lol. I would have to sell my life in order to pay it hahaha.


In red! :D

So that's it then. I took no pictures of the night spectacle (Fantasmic) because I believe those are things you have to see with your eyes first. Once you've seen them once or twice, you can take photos. But I will say that I didn't like it as much as Hollywood Studio's Fantasmic. That version is much more emotional to me.

I hope you have enjoyed my extensive report! :3 Stay tuned for more!

2 comments: