Monday, May 7, 2012

Café Crespin

Café Crespin is a small, specialized coffee-shop and bakery located in Villa Crespo, one of the many neighborhoods of my city, and promptly named after it.

Crespín sells to-go and to stay. Everyone wants in, though, as evidenced by the amount of people usually waiting outside. It's only logical - the place is amazing, offers fresh American-style brunch food, and the service is quick and cordial. The last attribute is rare in a Buenos Aires coffee shop, haha, believe me.

I was attracted to Crespín because I saw some pictures of the cinnamon rolls. It might just be my favorite pastry ever (someplace between brownie and cheesecake, heheh), but up to my visit to this enigmatic Villa Crespo shop I still hadn't seen it done right in Buenos Aires.


^ here is a picture of what I ate. As you can see, it needs no photographic skills on my behind... the model itself is very photogenic, lol. It's like the ridiculously photogenic guy, only cinnamon roll style.

The taste and texture were on spot. I wanted to try the rest of the menu (which includes hash browns -another favorite of mine-, pancakes, and french toast, to name a few), but unfortunately my belly has a limit on how much it can take D:

If I had three stomachs though, I would definitely fill them there.

Aww, that's really poetic O_o; hahaha

Café Crespín can be found on Facebook and Twitter, and also, well, ehem, on Vera Street 699, which is the location of the place. If you are staying in Buenos Aires I would definitely recommend you to visit it. Because of popular districts such as Palermo and Recoleta, other neighborhoods like Villa Crespo get overlooked. Well, here's a reason why you shouldn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment