Saturday, July 7, 2012

Aboard the Disney Dream Pt. 2 - OMG Cruise Food!!

All-you-can-eat random crap at Cabanas!

This is the real reason anyone goes cruising: cruise food.

DISNEY cruise food. Meaning all-you-can-eat all day, and then three course gourmet meals for dinner O.o *dead*

This resulted in unhealthy dish choices such as the one you see above (in the ship's gourmet place, Cabanas). Do not be fooled by the carrot and beans. I ate none of that. That was just for keeping up appearances lol.

I'm at war with healthy food. I'm sorry, I just can't promote a balanced lifestyle! Hahaha.

So if you're hungry please don't look at what's coming up ahead.


Disney Dream has three rotation restaurants, plus a buffet option and two adult-only exclusive gourmets. Since I didn't attend the last two (Palo and Remy - you pay for them separately), I'll be blogging about the first four - Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace, Animator's Palate, and Cabanas respectively.

Enchanted Gardens is Rococo-madness at its best. There is a mock sky in the ceiling that gradually changes from dawn to dusk while you eat. So pretty!


The menu featuring the flowers from Alice in Wonderland :)


Thyme and Garlic Brioche. Uhm this dish was really unexpected.


Glazed Portobello Mushrooms. This was probably my dad's choice. He loves mushrooms.


Silky Dark Chocolate Mousse, yum!! I love it when chocolate is just chocolate (really poetic here).

Next up was the Royal Palace, which is in place of what would be Triton's or Lumiere's in the older ships.


These may look yummy but DON'T BE FOOLED. THEY ARE SNAILS. Ok, ok, I'll call them by their fancy name: Escargots Gratinés (with tons of garlic so you forget you are eating insects wtf). This is definitely not my meal hahaha but as you know, some members of my family are crazy people. Seriously though, Disney seems to be infatuated with these. They offer them every chance they get (France restaurant in EPCOT... Food Festival... Cruise Line...). Did we really need that much snail in our menus? Jeez.


This is my kind of meal! (^^).  Double Cut Rack of Lamb with a Dijon Crust. The dijon was so crunchy and contrasted well with the meat's softness. I love eating meat in cruises because they just do it right. (woah, carnivore much??)


Wild Mushroom Filled Pasta. Not my meal, of course.

Lastly we have the Animator's Palate (a really intelligent pun actually...). This is a classic from other cruise ships but it has been re-furbished. Now you have Crush the Turtle from Finding Nemo talk to you from the screens located throughout the restaurant.

It's nice but I preferred the older versions of the restaurant, which was all black-and-white and then it colored up gradually.


It's still well decorated, though!


Smoked Salmon Tartare.


Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist. Appetizing! This was my choice.

 

Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes above.


Believe it or not, this is the Animators Trio of Veal. This was another unexpected turn of a meal, lol. Not bad, just not what I had hoped for.


Crunchy Walnut Cake... when something is good, it doesn't need a fancy name, haha.


Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake. OMG This is my two favorite desserts combined into one!!! All I need now is a Cinnamon Roll Brownie Cheesecake, and my life is complete, lol.


And a classic Mickey sundae hahah.


All restaurants also serve brunch if you so wish (^^). But usually you are more occupied with shore excursions. Here are some traditional waffles from the Animator's Palate brunch.

And last but not least...


A Mickey waffle from Cabanas morning buffet! Cabanas was the informal all-you-can-eat option. Very good for lunch and breakfast.

I hope you enjoyed this parade of food! Shore destinations and excursiones are coming up next (^^)

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous. The food looks delicious & I've never been on a cruise before!!! Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be! I got the extra pounds I deserved from this post, I assure you XDD hahaha. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. que comida tan deliciosa!!
    jamas he subido a un barco la verdad me da panico el mar D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, qué pena ;^;
      Es verdad que da miedito. Pero lo cierto es que en los cruceros cortos el mareo no es tan malo (^^) es soportable!

      Delete