Friday, June 29, 2012

BarBQ

Hi everyone!

Today is food post day XD

I know!! I might make this Deep FRIED-ay... ... ... get it? (._.) no? Ok.

Just wait. It'll catch on. I think Deep Friday can become a thing on this blog (O_o)

Last Wednesday I went with some friends to an All-American food restaurant in Palermo, which is Buenos Aires' hipster district, hahaha. The restaurant's name is BarBQ (a pun on Barbecue and Bar, of course).

It was my one of my friend's idea to go to this place. Because she only likes hamburgers and has nothing else to eat (O_o) she's a picky-eater but I guess that means that once a restaurant is given the OK sign by her, the food must be good!


It was a beautiful sunny day so we ate outside. I'm not so sure that is my best face but it'll do.

The girls were running super late so I had a maracujá (passionfruit) lemonade while waiting. It was free-refill, which is SO nice of them, believe it or not nothing is free refill ever in Buenos Aires. It had some mint leaves but as a person who doesn't like mint, I can't tell you I didn't even feel them in there. 

This drink was SO yummy and refreshing and delicious. I must have drank like five glasses O_o


So goooooood. I love maracuyá ;^;


The main course I picked was this amazing Pulled Pork with Cheddar Mashed Potatoes. This was so yummy I can't even. Just the cheesy taste of those mashed potatoes was incredible. The smoked BBQ pork was outstanding, a dish in itself.

I really liked this place so I told my boyfriend about it.

He was like "OMG WE HAVE TO GO NOW". So we went Thursday night. I have never to the same place this frequently before.

My bf and I get along so well because we're both face-stuffing food pigs. It's true.


The night inside vibe. Really nice. The music was a bit loud though ;^;

Appetizers! ^^


Really good quesadillas. I think the restaurant's dishes are not on the photogenic side but on the taste side they were so yummy. They reminded me of, say, Cheesecake Factory quesadillas, and that's saying something (O_o) (did you guys know CF is my favorite place probably ever??)


The onion rings on the other hand were a little too moist - they needed a bit more crunchyness.


Foursquare critics said that the Baby Back Ribs of BarBQ were to die for so we had them as our entreé. Absolutely amazing, the meat could be removed from the bone effortlessly.

We ordered too much. If anything, I would say one appetizer and one entreé is good enough for two people.

They had a really tempting brownie but I had no place left in my stomach for that (;^;) So sad. I had to let dessert go.

I hope that if you're ever in Buenos Aires you can visit this place!! It made me truly reminisce of the USA and its mouth-watering food that I miss so much!!!

It's a salute to all nations, but mostly, America.

No comments:

Post a Comment