Saturday, June 23, 2012

Aboard the Disney Dream

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

On the first few days this February I went on a Disney Cruise!! I know, woo-hoo! But I never blogged about it (_._)

So here is the long-overdue post.

I know what you're thinking, "So you went to Japan and THEN took a Disney Cruise?"

Yes O_O; I can't believe it either. I am so grateful for everything in my life.

Specially having the opportunity to see the brand new ship in the fleet - the Disney Dream!


Is there anything more beautiful than this? Rhetorical question because NO THERE IS NOT.

Disney Cruises are unlike any other cruise. They have true magic.

And my, is this ship gorgeous!





The whole ship is an opulent masterpiece. I cannot think any way to describe it. It's just beautiful and so perfect. It is bigger than the older ones in the fleet and has a waterslide that actually leaves the ship for a few meters and then comes back O_o; - The Aquaduck.

So for a few seconds you can see the ocean below you from the transparent tube.

I can see how this would be frightening if you're scared of the sea though, hahaha. But then again if you are, what are you doing aboard a cruise!?

The main "lobby" is also CRAZY. Just look at the glass chandelier for God's sake.


I am fangirling about this ship's amazing Art Deco structure. Every detail is its place.


Detail of a random mural.


Adult's pool above.

As soon as we got in we had absolutely nothing to do because most of the ship's facilities opened at dusk after the sail-away party, so we basically ran around until we found the children's and pre-teen's club - the Oceaneer Club & Lab. In the past ships they were separate places but now they are connected to each other, which is great because my little sisters could be together.

What nobody ever told us was how cool this place is. I would have stayed but I don't think the 12-year-olds would like having a 20-year-old play with them :( a shame.

But it was pretty much empty and open for visits at the time so VISIT WE DID!



The whole moment was hilarious because my mom, my boyfriend, my dad and I all started spazzing over how awesome this place was. We were more excited than my little sisters, hahaha. The Oceaneer's Club (for children ages 3 to 12) had a rendition of Andy's Room from Toy Story, and big versions of some of the toys. I was so happy, couldn't believe it!! It was like being inside the movie.


And there was also this... the Monsters Academy, where you could laugh into the pressurized laugh-cans and go through the Monsters Inc. factory. It is amazing what the Imagineers can do!!

There was also a Detective's Academy all around the ship which involved finding certain paintings throughout the decks to solve a mystery. And the paintings MOVE. THEY MOVE. I know it doesn't sound so amazing but you really wouldn't guess that a painting moves because the animation and screen themselves look so veridic, you could swear you see the brush strokes on them. And all the sudden they start moving. WTF.




Night entertainment and shows above the Disney Cruise Line are unlike any other. They even have a Fireworks show at sea, which no other cruise line has!!


The room-keeping staff are so kind, polite and nice! They surprise you each day with an imaginative towel design and chocolates. They also clean your room like three times a day if you let them O_o


Hidden Mickeys all over the ship :)




Aaaand here's me again, posing around the ship's outer decks.

I hope you enjoyed my report! It's not over yet, I still have to talk about food and excursions. So please stay tuned! (^^)

7 comments:

  1. Hello(´・ω・`)
    Thank you very much for your comment on my last post! Now Im writing a comment back, hope you like it!ヽ(*'0'*)ツ
    If you have time and want, please check out my new post! I also made a new youtube video for my followers!☆彡 If you want, you can write me also a comment! I would be very happy(。・ε・。)

    and thanks for saying my blog/life isnt boring >_< haha you are very sweet and gentle ^^


    so im a little confused haha when have you been to japan or are your still there? :)
    the pics look amazing!!! i wish i could go there too! im a little scared to use a ship even though that i CAN swim >< but its just a little scary ;_;
    it looks like a castle or palast in my opinion :D so cooool! but i guess it was expensive....:(

    http://lovely-gyaru-fashion.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mie! :D How are you??

      Thank you very much for writing back ^^ I will be sure to check your YouTube video as soon as I can! :3

      I went to Japan in January. But it was only a fifteen-day-long trip (^^) So I'm back home now. But after Japan, I returned to the US instead of my homeland Argentina. And in the USA I took the cruise! ^^

      Disney cruises are a bit more expensive than other lines. But it's so magical and they do anything in their power to make your stay perfect, so I think it's worth it! (^^)

      Again thank you for your comment! :D I'll get back to you soon!

      Delete
  2. Hola Abi linda!
    gracias por escribirme, estuve tan olvidad estos dias xD
    Wooo que suerte mas grande poder ir a Disney World♥
    tus fotos estan re copadas y se ve que lo pasaste divino!
    ahora si tengo una mejor espectativa de como es por alla :D
    tu blog sigue igual de precioso como siempre *w*
    sigue pasandola bien, cuidate besitos!!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Dali! (^^)

      La verdad que sí (;^;) Estoy muy agradecida de poder ir. Disney es un lugar muy mágico. Seguro voy a estar bloggeando sobre Disney World Florida alguno de estos días (^_^)

      Me encantaría que mi blog pudiera ayudar aunque sea un poco a las personas que están planeando viajes a los destinos que voy XD

      Muchas gracias por tus bellos comentarios!! ;^;

      Besotes!

      Delete
  3. Wow! The cruise looks so elegant and luxurious.
    Just looking at this makes me want to go somewhere xD
    Fireworks at sea? Man that sounds amazing!
    Looks like you're having a lot of fun and I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures~
    (Food!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!

      Unfortunately I'm back from the cruise so I'm sitting here at home wondering... why did time go by? Hahaha. Looking at my pictures also makes me want to go somewhere! :P

      The fireworks are so, so pretty! Really romantic.

      And yes, yay food! Thank you for looking forward to seeing that (^^)

      Thank you for your lovely comment, Chai! :D I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. wow that is gorgeous. i am totally going on one of these one day!

    ReplyDelete